Prayers for the London atrocity
Prayers from Common Worship.
O God, who brought us to birth, and in whose arms we die, in our grief and shock contain and comfort us; embrace us with your love, give us hope in our confusion and grace to let go into new life; through Jesus Christ. Amen.
Gracious God, surround us and all who mourn this day with your continuing compassion. Do not let grief overwhelm your children, or turn them against you. When grief seems never-ending, take them one step at a time along your road of death and resurrection in Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
A prayer from Christ Church, Highbury published on the Diocese of London website.
O Saviour Christ, in whom there is neither Jew nor Greek, east nor west, black nor white, we pray for all, of whatever nation, who are suffering after todayâ€™s explosions. We pray especially for those least able to receive human help and for those who are anxious about lost relatives or friends. We ask that through your ministry of love and life, wounds of body and spirit may be healed and that in You people will find peace with God and peace with one another, for your truth and mercyâ€™s sake, Amen.
More prayers and material for reflection
- Psalm 46… God is our refuge and strength
- A Service of Lament from New Patterns for Worship… Lighten our darkness, Lord, we pray
- A prayer for the Leaders of the Nations from Invitationtoprayer.org… wisdom, courage and insight at this time of darkness and fear
- A prayer from LICC, Connecting with Culture… God of all, so much has happened
- Prayer from Simon Says… in the face of terror, we seek your mercy